Tel: +44 (0) 207 353 9498
Mob: +44 (0) 7710 446 636
Experience and expertise:
Murray has over twenty years experience in information risk management, incorporating operational risk, information security and business continuity planning at global law firms, investment banks and reinsurance firms.
As a founding Fellow of the Business Continuity Institute he has also been involved in the development of Industry standards, processes and procedures and delivered results to a variety of major institutions and global brands.
Prior to joining Needhams he has worked closely with leading providers of disaster recovery services, and has been involved in the invocation of crisis management plans following incidents such as the 1996 Manchester bombings and those in London in July 2005.
Most recently he has been involved in managing and implementing business continuity strategies and plans across an international law firm, and the creation of continuity plans in specialist risk areas such as kidnap & ransom, pandemics, country evacuation, and extremist action. He is currently specialising in designing and implementing BC software tools in blue chip companies.
Education and former background:
- Grew up in Kenya
- Worked in East Africa for Pharmaceutical firms
- BA (Hons) in English at University of Sheffield
- PhD in Linguistics (1978)
- Member of the British Computer Society
- Speaks conversational French and German.
- Shortlisted for the BCI’s BCM Strategy of the Year 2012 whilst at a global law firm
- Won the BCI’s BCM Strategy of the Year 2009 whilst at a global law firm