Tel: +44 (0) 203 393 8731
Mob: +44 (0) 7885 407 446
Experience and expertise:
Humphrey has been a long standing consultant for Needhams on issues regarding leadership, social responsibilities, mental attitudes and psychometric analysis of crisis management training groups.
- Humphrey trained in medicine at Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital (1982-7) and undertook specialist psychiatry training at Guy’s and the Maudsley Hospitals.
- For the last 10 years he has been a consultant general and forensic psychiatrist; he has NHS consultancy at the Maudsley and Bethlem Hospitals (South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust) and is the Medical Director of three Hospitals providing specialist secure inpatient care.
- He undertakes expert witness work for Courts and teaches and lectures widely.
- “Mental Health and the Law” in ABC of Mental Health (2009), chapter 21
- A pilot study of regional cerebral blood flow in Journal of Affective Disorders
- Multi-agency public protection panels for dangerous offenders in Journal of Forensic Psychiatry and Psychology
- Service audit of a forensic rehabilitation ward in Medicine, Science and the Law
- The utility of symptom dimensions in PLOS ONE
- 2020 Vision in The Psychiatrist
- Early experience of the use of olanzapine across three rehabilitation services in The Psychiatrist